Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Girl with the Super Mario Tattoo [Entry 3]

A few days have passed since that last time I saw her pass by in front of where I worked. Though, I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to speak with her when she passed by. But at least I know that she lived close by and that she did her grocery shopping in the store that was in the same mall where I work. And that gave me a little bit of hope. Yet I was still a bit disappointed. I seem to have developed a sort of urge to get to know her. Not even because I like her in that way. I just thought that it was nice talking to her and I wished we could've talked more.

The manager have put me on cash that afternoon. I never have issues with working at the register. I'm fast, I understand cash register operations and I won't have to call people since I have keys and I understood how most things worked. As I was passing one customer, her carriage started rolling down towards the front of the store and went outside. The way the floor was in the front of the place, well, let's just say anything that could potentially move because of a slight slope on the ground would ultimately result in... well, it moving towards the front and out of the store.

It almost always happened and it was nothing new to me. As it was rolling down towards outside. A girl approached it and held the thing down to prevent it from moving further out. I looked at her and to my surprise, it was that girl with the Super Mario Tattoo. I looked at her and didn't know what to say. She took the carriage and pushed it back inside the store. All I could do was nod and smile at her a bit. Okay, I probably didn't even smile. I was caught off-guard, I guess. Then she went to the Subway right in front and fell in line. I watched her the whole time thinking that it must be her lunch time. I go to Subway too. But this is the first time I'm seeing her go there too. I was passing customers and was still doing my best to glance at her direction as much as I could. Then I suppose she finished her order and she took off with her lunch. At that point, I was still looking at her. But, I wasn't checking her out in that sort of dirty way. I was just wondering where she would go next. The direction she took only led me to believe she either works at the pharmacy or the video rental store. And judging by the way she dressed, my best guess was that she works at the video rental place. She kept walking and I was just looking at her. Then she turned around a bit and looked at me. or at least, at the general direction where I would be. Maybe she didn't look at me at all. Maybe it's just my imagination. But I know what I saw and I know she turned around to look.

I was happy to know that at least now I know she works close by. And I won't have to stand there waiting everyday for a chance to see her again. I wanted to confirm if she does work at Videotron. It's all I thought of from that point onward. I made some mistakes on the cash and several times, I almost made mistakes. Clearly, my mind got a bit affected when I saw her. They do say that the brain produces certain chemicals that cause a bit of a stir in people's minds whenever they encounter someone of the opposite sex that they are attracted to. I guess it was just one of those situations.

I finished worked and I got ready to go and see if she was in Videotron.

No comments:

Post a Comment