Monday, July 30, 2012

The Girl with the Super Mario Tattoo [Entry 1]

It was a Saturday morning. Aaron and I were just there working as usual, having a few laughs here and there while we still work and not actually just slack. I was a bit bummed that I had to work a Saturday, but it was better since I am with the guy and it's always fun and chill when we work together. No pressure, no stress. And we still get shit done.

I wasn't even supposed work that day. But the manager decided that she wanted me there with Aaron. So I said yes. Why not?

I was crouched in front of a wall, placing products on the wall when all of a sudden I noticed this girl on my left side. She was carrying a basket filled with a bunch of products. She wore all black with a sleeveless shirt. She looked cool, at least to me. But then again, I like black so maybe I just liked her getup. Then I checked her face out. She was kinda cute. She was a bit smaller than me in height and she didn't look like one of those high maintenance girls you usually see nowadays. Which is great and I admire that. I noticed she had a tattoo on her upper right arm, near the shoulders. It was half a sleeve. It had various colors and quite well done. Though, I couldn't really visualize what I was looking at. So I stood up and asked her if I could see her tattoo. She responded kindly and told me that I could.

Immediately, I realize the tattoo she had was a half a sleeve of Super Mario characters. I was fascinated since I've never met anyone with a tattoo from a video game. It was clear to me that she was a gamer too. Like me. Though, my experience with Nintendo games is a bit limited compared to most people, I still know my classics and I appreciate being the kind of person I am: a gamer.
But I didn't see my favorite character:Yoshi. So I asked her in a jokingly tone where Yoshi was! And she said, it was right there under her arm, to the side. She lifted her arm to show me but she put it down so quick. I suppose she realized that the hair on her armpit was starting to grow and I would see it. So she put her arm down so quickly I couldn't really see Yoshi. I just pretended I didn't see anything and that I actually saw Yoshi... It was funny and her reaction was even funnier.
So, she took off and for some reason, I couldn't help but feel like I should talk to her more.

So I tried to find her in the store, and I saw her in Aisle 2. I politely asked her if I could bother her once more. And she was okay with it. I asked her what kinds of games she played and she responded with computer games. Mainly, she games on the Mac. She played Left 4 Dead and another game I can't seem to remember. Team Fortress 2, maybe? Not sure. We talked for a bit and I told her that the reason why I was asking is that I was wondering if she'd be interested in joining a clan. Though, she did not provide any solid FPS games background. But she did mention that she played Call of Duty: Black Ops. Maybe she tried the Zombies part of it. In any case, I said thank you and apologized for taking her time and she wished me a nice day.

Since then I waited for her to drop by. I would actually bother making myself look decent when I go to work. I'd fix my hair and actually choose what to wear. Instead of my usual, shower at night and let my bed hair do the hair styling my head requires. And it always worked for me, I didn't give a shit. This time, I showered at night and I showered in the morning when I woke up. Fix my hair and make sure I look good when I went to work. I believe 2 or 3 weeks passed and I never saw her. My co-worker would tell me she passed by outside, but I wasn't sure if I was going to believe him. I waited and I waited. And wished that eventually, I'd see her again. Though, I was afraid that maybe I won't ever meet her again since she did mention that she got her tattoo in Quebec City. I thought that perhaps she wasn't from Montreal and she was just visiting. It was sad.

But something happened. I saw her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment