Monday, July 30, 2012

Aron Facts #6: Cadillac CTS

(Cadillac CTS 2008 SEDAN)

Honestly speaking, I wasn't much of a car person. And I still remain the same. Although, I have come to realize how much better life would be if I had a vehicle of my own. And so I started paying attention to models I saw in the streets. It seems some of the cars that easily caught my attention were the Mazda 3, Audi vehicles, Nissan Altime, Hyundai Tiburon and yes, the Cadillac CTS. Though, other cars have appealed to me quite a bit, it seems if I really had the dollars to purchase one, I decided that it would be a Cadillac. And I'm working on it.

I was told that the Cadillac CTS is for old people. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. But it doesn't change the fact that it is the vehicle I'd very much would love to own. Either the 2006 or if I had the money, the 2008 model. I can easily afford the 2006. But the 2008 model is quite pricey for someone like me. Though, I have been putting some effort in making things better. I know that eventually, I'd get around to getting the car I've always wanted.

Mercedez Benz was the car recommended to me. Along with the Acura TSX. I understand the quality that a Benz has and I am also more than aware of the aesthetics that appeal to me greatly with the TSX. But I guess my love for the CTS design is just way too strong to be persuaded into getting any other car model. I suppose given my tastes in material things, I tend to be attracted to sharp designs with a modern feel to it. And the Cadillac CTS does not fail to deliver in those basic aspects I look for in a vehicle. Aesthetically speaking, of course. I won't deny that I am not a very savvy person when it comes to cars.

(Interior/Dashboard of the 2008 Cadillac CTS)

I have decided to start saving for a vehicle. And I have no plans of settling with a piece of crap vehicle for a first car. Eventhough, I understand that getting a cheap one to practice with would be ideal and practical. So I suppose I will have to think about this and think it through before I really break the cash to purchase a decent vehicle like this one. Although, if I really have to go lower, I will settle with the 2006 model. I'd be happy with just that. Though, as shown above, the interior of the 2008 model is quite something.

Currently in the process of acquiring a license. Just renewed the learner's I've had for quite some time now. I intend to get it by next year. I already have more than enough money to finance the process. All I need to do now is execute and devote some time in a school. Which is now required, unlike back then.

Though, it worries me since even if I manage to finally acquire the car I've always wanted. I won't have a parking space of my own and I need to think about maintenance and other expenses after I get my vehicle. Parking might be easy, I can just move to a place with one. But there are just so much more factors I need to think about after getting my own car. But in the end, I know it'll be worth it because I can be proud that I paid for my own vehicle and it was not given to me for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment