Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Once Upon a Time...

I didn't go to school that day. Well, at least I didn't go to the classes. But I did go to school in the evening with nothing in my bag but a Table Tennis racket, some balls and an extra shirt. I wasn't even wearing proper uniform that evening. I wore a red shirt instead of the proper undershirt we're supposed to wear. In reality, I spent almost the whole day at the video game place. If I remember correctly, I went out in the morning to eat breakfast at Jollibee, then I went straight to SMI. I spent a lot of my time there. Made some friends that I wished I still have contact with.

It was still a bit sunny outside and I almost felt bad for missing out on how beautiful it was that day. Okay, maybe not. I suppose I only started paying more attention and appreciating the weather when I got here in Canada. But back then, I didn't really give much of a fuck whether it rained or sizzled hot outside. The students were all on their way to get out of school and the other students that remained were probably doing more work or just chillin'. I immediately went to my classroom to check who's still there and after a little bit of talk, I decided to finally start practicing for the intra murals that will be taking place next week.

(Table Tennis was my sport. My uncle was a varsity player and my coach.)

As I was going down the stairs, the school principal was going up and she looked at me with disbelief and suspicion. She asked me if I was from that school. Most likely because of what I was wearing. And I answered her with the first thing that came to my mind. I said that I wasn't. But in a polite manner, of course. After all, I was raised to be respectful and polite.

So I was playing with the varsity students from college when I noticed that the principal was talking to one of my classmates upstairs. And she was pointing at me while talking to her. In my head, I was just like, 'Oh... shit.' Well, not really. I didn't say that word back then. But that's the closest translation as to what I thought when I realized I just got myself in trouble. The next thing I know, my classmate was walking towards me and then told me that the principal wanted to see me in her office. Needless to say, I couldn't practice that evening at all. And I believe I went in her office at around 5:30 and didn't get out until probably around 7 or something. In the end, I managed to stir the topic to how I was feeling sad that I'll be leaving soon but at the same time I wanna see my mother. Because at the time I was getting ready to go to Canada. And I think it was also around that time that I was rejected by the first girl I ever tried to court. But then again, I'm not surprised. I had no idea what the Hell I was doing that time anyway. She let me go and all was fine. Though, more stuff happened between the principal, my class adviser and myself even after that. I'll write about it some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment