Thursday, June 7, 2012

Black and White. And Red.

I've always worn black even before I got into metal. Black and red. I just thought it looked great together. In the beginning, I adored black already. And at the time, I didn't even know it wasn't a color but a shade instead. But now, I know. I remember back in high school, our uniform consisted mainly of black pants and shoes, white tee and a shirt. I'd go to school and not wear the white insides. Instead, I'd wear red and have my white shirt on top. So essentially, I wore black, red and white. I got in a few troubles because of it too since sometimes, the school would all of a sudden start giving a fuck about what the students were wearing. But it wasn't anything too serious to merit suspensions.

(I wore black way before I even got into metal.)

So in essence, my preference to black and red started way earlier than the time I got into metal. Red was always a favorite of mine and I suppose after I ended up mixing it with my school uniform, it somehow felt right to me. And I continued to do it. I believe I have talked about what black and red meant to me as symbols of aspects in life. If not, then I might have to tackle that subject on a different entry at another date and time.

(I started wearing other colors aside from black. And it weird... but good.)

White on the other hand, was something I just recently started getting into. After suffering a recent loss in life, I have pushed extra efforts to change aspects of my life and parts of my own self that I deemed damaged, weak or corrupted. I changed for someone I loved and I continued to change even after she was gone. In an attempt to both shed parts of myself and at the same time, improve or try something new.
That's when I started wearing other colors like blue and even white. White was something I didn't really expect myself to ever wear. I've worn white before, yes. But only at home, in bed or when I'm just lounging around in the comfort of my own living room. However, I somehow stumbled upon a streaming copy of G.I. Joe 'The Rise of Cobra' online. And I watched it. The first thing I noticed was the ninja named 'Storm Shadow'. He wore white all the Goddamn time! Shit, everyone in the movie wore black and he stuck out like a... like a piece of paper plate in a coal mine. Or something.
It was weird to me, but at the same time it looked quite elegant and majestic. And these are two things that I've always wanted to incorporate with myself. And so my quest to wear more white started.

(It felt so weird to wear white. But I've gotten used to it. Very used to it.)

My laundry used to be just colored. Well, mostly black. But now, I actually have to load a separate one with just whites. And I continue to acquire more of it. My only issue with wearing white is I need to pay extra careful with trying not to get dirtied up. Unlike if I'm wearing black. But it's not really that difficult to stay clean, so it's not that big of a deal. I remember wearing all white for the first time, it felt so uncomfortable I couldn't even bare to stay outside. It felt so weird and unnatural or something. Almost as if I was ashamed of what I was wearing. Also, I felt like I was glowing or something. Totally different from wearing black. But I've gotten very used to it. And I see myself continuing this fashion style for a very long time if not forever. It grew on me. And I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment