Thursday, June 7, 2012

One Love

(Bob Marley - One Love)

Honestly speaking, I'm not a very big fan of Bob Marley. However, I recognize how iconic this specific artist is in the music industry and I am aware that up to this day, his influence and art keeps going and inspiring musicians all over the world. I only know a few songs, and the songs I know, I do enjoy quite a ton. I'm not exactly a big fan of the genre, but then again, I like music. I may be more of a metal guy, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying other types of sonic beauty out there.

We had the web browser open. It was FireFox. I used to run it, until I recently changed to Opera web browser. She took the laptop and played something on the site. The first measure containing the initial notes began to play and almost immediately, her smile lit up the whole room. It lit up my whole life. Brighter than it already was since she came to my life. The song had a sort of happy and joyful vibe that at the same time contained a sense of self-satisfaction and content. I didn't know what it was and who the artist was. All I knew at the time was that it made her smile. And her smile was something I adored very much so. To the point I'd give anything just to see it. Again. At least one last time.

I have always been the type of guy that listened, paid attention and remembered things about his significant other. May it be from simple things like her favorite drink to more serious matters like ring size. In this case, it stuck to my head how the song made her smile that afternoon. And I remembered it. I still do.
Sometimes, I'd play the song from out of nowhere just so I get to see her beautiful smile again. And she always did so each time I let the tune fill our ears and hearts. It was quite a sight to see and I how I wished with all my heart that I could someday witness it again. But I am well aware that it may be a feat that would never ever come to be. I have accepted this fact. Sadly, it is the truth.

Still I keep this album in my phone. I play it, along with my other favorite Bob Marley songs, at least a couple of times every week. Not just because it reminded me of that angelic smile. But because it is also an amazing piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment