Friday, April 27, 2012

Aron Facts #2: That's What She Said

My brothers, friends and acquaintances all know one sure thing about me: I say 'That's what she said'. Quite often. And I wasn't even the type to let something slide just because it was too easy. I take all opportunity to spew those words without having second thoughts. Although, there were some very rare instances where I didn't know whether I should say it or not. And of course, I always don't pay attention to everything and I miss chances.

I said it way so much that one of my brothers from 'SoW' even got me a shirt that had those words written in front. It was one of the best shirts I've received from people and I plan on wearing it as often as I can. Thank you very much, Glenn. Very much appreciated. I didn't expect him to get me a shirt either. Or well, expect to get anything from him. I mean, we were in the same Call of Duty clan. But I thought we didn't know each other that long yet for him to get me something just because he saw it and it reminded him of me. I suppose I've made my sort of signature line. But yeah, I thank him a lot for it and someday, I shall return the favor.

(SoW InTeL [Glenn S.] and SoW NiNja [Aron] at HOOTERs.)

But, it wasn't something I started saying just like that. I, in fact, only heard of it for the first time when I watched The Office online. And there was this character named Michael Scott, general manager of the Dunder Mifflin paper company played by Steve Carell, who said the words quite often. In almost every episode. And the type of humor appealed to me big time. And I just started saying it too. Sometimes, you get really funny ones that are just amazing. But of course, sometimes it's just not that funny. But still, I say it. Just because I can.

(Steve Carell as Michael Scott. Where I got 'That's what she said' from.)

Though, it seems that not everyone understands the humor. I've encountered quite a handful of people that were completely oblivious of the joke. And then, I get into the explanation as to what and how the joke is, and it just gets really ugly from there and everything is ruined or awkward. And sometimes, I make the joke and the person doesn't react accordingly and it was clear they didn't comprehend why I said what I just said. But then, that's actually even funnier...

One time, I was at Scout's place and he had his TV turned on. We were watching something about construction and one of the guys said, 'It's really hard. We need to do it slowly.' And I just burst out laughing and yelling, 'That's what she said!' Then the funnier part is they followed it with a few more lines and I had to say it again. I can't remember anymore but that was just ridiculously hilarious. At least, to me.
Also, where I used to work, I was putting empty boxes in the bailer. And the manager beside me told me to, 'Spread it, Aron. Spread it.' I looked to him and said... 'That's what she said.' He just made that smile he always does when he thinks something's funny. But up to this day, I'm not sure if he appreciated the joke. After all, I could get him in trouble if they found out I made such a remark and wasn't warned or anything. You know, work ethics and such.

And that's Aron Facts #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment