Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Aron Facts #1: Aviators & Shirts

(Was never a sunglasses person until that day. And now, I wear them for a reason.)

Last time I posted on this blog, I mentioned that I would like to briefly talk about some things about myself. Why I do things the way I do and why I say the things that I say. I have a long ass list in my head and honestly speaking, I am not exactly sure where to start. So, I decided to go with aviator sunglasses instead. The topic I originally chose seemed a bit too depressing. I didn't want to initiate this thing with such a theme. This blog is already overflowing with very depressing content, might as well try and do my best to lighten things up a little bit. Try... That's right.

I was never a fan of wearing hats or anything that fits on my head. (Which is funny coz now I wore masks as a ninja) And that included sunglasses. It was only a couple of years back when I got into wearing sunglasses. Aviator sunglasses, to be exact. No regrets to such a change in style. In fact, I'm very glad to have acquired the style. I have changed quite a bit through the past couple of years. Experiences in life made me the way I am today. Just like the rest of us.

We went to the mall for a reason I can't seem to remember anymore. I believe it was to watch a movie. Quite unfortunate that I can't remember anymore... The things I'd give to relieve that memory.
Anyway, we passed by a store that sold some clothing. At the time, I wasn't really such a fashion oriented type of guy. The best outfit I had was too formal for everyday attire and my other clothes were too... rocker. I am a metal head after all. Or was... Not even sure anymore. This explains why people would either see me dressed like a complete dirtbag or dressed like I'm a Goddamn hotel employee. Either dirty-looking or too formal. I don't have anything in between.
But yeah, she pulled me into the store to look at some shirts by Affliction. I was more into plain black shirts or maybe red ones too. Nothing too fancy. But she suggested that I get one for myself. Affliction shirts were mostly too flashy for my own taste. I couldn't say no to her despite my thoughts of spending the money on her instead of me. Because I really thought I didn't want anything anymore in life since I already had her. I needed nothing more from the world. She was all that I needed.

So I got a shirt and she also found me some long-sleeved shirts. She knew exactly my tastes in clothing. At least, the color. She picked a red and black one. My favorite combination.

(The Affliction shirt paired w/ the black and red shirt from BUCKLE.)

As displayed above, I bought both tops the same time. In my head, I thought it was expensive and I really wished I could've saved the money to get something for her instead of splurging on myself. But she insisted and I know she just wanted me to be better. To look better.
That's when she also suggested that I get a pair of sunglasses. Florida weather is quite sunny and hot most of the time and I essentially walked around with my eyes unprotected. That part I didn't mind, she had her sunglasses too and I thought it would be cool if we could wear them together. So I browsed the stores stock of sunglasses. Then it occured to me, perhaps I could pay homage to her father by getting a pair of aviators. Her father is a pilot that flew privately for wealthy personalities including the heir to the Johnson & Johnson corporation to give an example. So I grabbed a pair of aviators, all black, and put it on.

And from there on in, I've always worn aviators. I'm sad that I lost the actual one we bought that day. But I still have the tee and the shirt. Though, it's quite unfortunate that it saddens me each time I wore them. And I always wear them together. In memory of that day we got those pieces of clothing.

(I've always worn both shirts together. In memory of that day we got them. Including the aviators.)

No comments:

Post a Comment