Monday, March 12, 2012

Too Much of Anything is Poison

'Too much of anything is poison'. These words echoed in my mind and stayed there. This has got to be the line that I remember my grand father for. I don't even quite remember why he told me that. And I didn't even exactly fully understand what he meant when he said those words. But now, I'd like to believe that I do.

And it does make a lot of sense to me now.

We are a very strong race. But at the same time, fragile and very prone to making terrible decisions. We can be on the good path and find ourselves plummeting down a spiral towards self-destruction next. And I think my grand father's words fully demonstrate and prove this fact. And it applies to virtually everything in life. May it be friendships, love, passion or hate. A lot of times, we get carried away. Things that make us happy or upset, cloud our judgement. I'm not saying it's stupid, I'm just saying that it is indeed difficult to realize. I too have a few offenses and is guilty of losing sight and just giving things my everything not realizing that I may have completely gone all out and made something or someone my whole life. Sometimes, you gotta be a tiny bit selfish. And sometimes, you need to know where the limit is. But of course, when you are very passionate about something, as naturally emotional creatures, we tend to end up quite oblivious to it. And it's more than just normal.

Some people are consumed by materialism. Some by love and some by their careers in life.
I am yet to see a real free spirit. But I think with today's time and age, we understand that importance and our dependency on being successful in life, financially speaking. After all, money is everything now. And those who say otherwise are just being superficial. I know this. I was once someone who believed love and compassion is what we all need. But I was wrong. Of course, money can't buy happiness. But without money, you'd end up in a dump, I don't think you'd be happy either. We just need to find the right amount of balance in our lives.

I have chosen to live a minimalist lifestyle. But that's a subject for another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment