Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ninja

Relatives and loved ones call me, Aron.
Friends and acquaintances call me, [Info Deleted].
Enemies call me, Storm Shadow.
And my brothers, call me... Ninja.

It was one fine evening, at a sushi place in Montreal. The clan I have recently become a part of has taken me under their wings with a warm welcome and respect. Respect and kindness that I intend to repay in the same manner and even more. They took me in at a time when I was in my darkest hours and my mind stirred from recent events that took place in my life. It haunted my nights and it burned me inside during the day. It still does, but not so much anymore. I'd like to believe that.
I intend to discuss how it all came to be. How I became a part of something I've always wanted to have. A sort of established brotherhood. A group where I could belong. A group where I could contribute in away I'm efficient at. But this entry isn't about that event. This is about how I shed the name Seairon and became 'NiNja' instead.

(Taken at oCt_BulletRush's place. Soulja's birthday. The SoW.)
We sat there enjoying our meal. The shrimp tempura were great. I have become known to eat and fancy shrimp tempura in the group. When I reacted on the table for an order, they knew I'd say something about that dish. And it was funny.
We talked and we ate. We smiled and we laughed at each other and other things. It was a night to remember. And I still do up to this day.

Then Aimbot mentioned something about changing our names. Creating new PSN accounts. Heh, he wasn't even called Aimbot at the time. We called him by his name, or we called him BALTO.
We discussed and thought of ideas where we would base the names with. We decided that it would start with the clan tag. Which is 'SoW'. Then followed by an underscore and then the name.
We brought ideas to the table, from Pokemon characters to names based on how we played.
And then one of us mentioned the idea of having names based on perks. I believe it was Scout that threw the idea out. And we went from there.

For his impressive aim and accuracy, BALTO was named 'Aimbot'.
For his recon and sniping prowess, Lan got the name, 'Scout'.
For his mischievous utilization of the under-barrel grenade launchers and RPGs, Lucky became 'PyroTech'.
For his ability to call out and provide information, Evo was dubbed, 'InTeL'.
Dennis called himself 'Rogue'. No questions asked. Very appropriate for the name.
And I shed the name Seairon to be referred to as, 'NiNja'.

(Rogue, Ninja, Aimbot, InTeL, Pyrotech and Scout)

Essentially, the names chosen were based on our play style or perks in the game.
At the time, I have shown a great deal of feats involving listening to footsteps and performing maneuvers that partially portrayed a shinobi. And so the name was appropriate in a way. And I have come to embrace that identity. An identity not only originated from my involvement in this clan, but as a way for me to have a reason to wear a mask and hide my face not just from the people, but mainly from myself as well.
The character symbolizes more than just my role in the brotherhood. This name means so much more than just a call-sign to use each time we gathered and facilitated online domination.
What it means to me is beyond a gaming persona. It's also about a new beginning. A chapter in my life where I start anew and attempt to forget the past and move towards the future. For the future will never come if I was constantly reminded of the past. And my face shows so much of my past. The mask is a shield.

It sounds all so serious and deep. But perhaps it's more simple than I'm making it out to be. But the truth of the matter still implies: Aron Ouroboros/Seairon is dead... My name is, 'NiNja/Storm Shadow'.

No comments:

Post a Comment