Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Love and Inspiration

She told me she had something for me. And that it was a surprise. So we went up to her room so she could finally hand it to me. She seemed more excited than I was. I was just... clueless. I didn't know what to expect.

She made me close my eyes. Her smile lit up the dim room. Her room's been always dim. But not that night. That night, she lit up the entire room. And she lit up my life. It was amazing. And unbelievable.
She told me to bring up my palms together and to not open my eyes until she places it in my hands. And so I did. I stood there in front of her with my palms in front of both of us. I waited and was wondering what it was that she was quite excited to give me.

Then something slightly warm touched my palms... and it felt... it felt almost like a serpent. Like a snake. Like a metal... iron snake. It felt like it had metal scales and formed a somewhat circular, coiled up shape. Metal is usually cold. Cold as steel. But it was warmer than I expected. I suppose that perhaps she's been holding on to it for quite a while that night. And it made the supposedly cold thing, warmer than it's supposed to be...

I opened my eyes and realized what she had placed on my palms.
A necklace, silver in color, with a pendant that resembled a heart with sharp edges and cut out parts. It formed a circle on my palms, quite fitting for someone who used 'Ouroboros' as his last name. It was almost like a dragon eating its own tail.
I looked up to her and once again gazed upon that smile... that smile I'd give anything to witness again. It's quite a shame I'd most likely never will.
She asked me if I liked it. I said yes. Though, action speaks louder than words... I still wear it up to this very day. I still do... Almost like a chain that binds me to that moment.



She told me it meant 'love and inspiration'. And truth be fucking told, I've always thought it was appropriate. I've always valued love more than anything. It's the only thing I really want from this life. Now, I'm not even sure anymore. People would ask me what my pendant meant. And I'd tell them the same thing. Love and inspiration. Ironically, they're both things I don't even possess any longer. If I could only go back to that time. Well, I wouldn't. Because it was too perfect of a moment. I wouldn't want to change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment