Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Entity

As an only child who grew up with his grand parents, I spent quite the majority of my time by myself. I don't regret it nor have ill feelings for my mother and grand parents for it. In fact, I thank them for it. It made me the person I am now today, or at least the foundation of my personality and character emerged and was nurtured by all those times I was alone with no one else but me. It made me the type of person that could get along with the right people, yet have the capacity to easily adapt to being solitary and ultimately, choose my friends wisely.

But that is a topic for another entry...

It was a sunny afternoon. My grand father was at the farm and my grand ma was taking a nap. Our dogs were somewhere and the cats were... well... weren't there. So I was once again left to my own devices. I was bored. And I wasn't the type of kid that was used to taking naps at that time of the day, unlike most children.
And so I decided to walk around my grand parents' house to check for things I could find and hopefully give me an idea what to do to keep myself busy. My mom has been gone for quite some time now and her absence seemed to have less of an impact on me. I suppose I finally understood that she left in order to support me. But it was quite unusual to me. Everyone had their mothers and fathers. Most of the kids I knew had brothers or sisters. Or both. But I was alone. I had my mother. But she had to disappear too. I don't blame her. I'm sure the real reason why she even considered it was because of me.

I then decided to check my mother's cabinet. It was filled with all her plates, bowls, glasses and cups. She used to have a restaurant and an apartment. I've seen pictures. But I don't really quite remember any of it. I suppose I was too young.
Tinkering with her kitchenwares and opening drawers to see if there's anything interesting to me, I stood there just immersing myself with material things I don't even have any use for. I guess I was just freakin' bored and I wanted to check if any of my mom's things were broken. I felt like I was supposed to protect them while she's gone. Make sure nobody messes with them.

Then, as I was making myself busy in front of that cabinet, I suddenly felt the urge to look behind me to my right. What was there, was a sort of small staircase leading up to a higher level of my grand parents' house. It was a 3-step staircase that lead to a toilet and a couple of more rooms when you turn left.
At first glance I thought I saw something peeking from behind the wall after the staircase. A face. A face so dark I almost froze and thought I was hallucinating when I saw it. And it wasn't even just the color of the face that stunned me. It had big round eyes. Big lips. And it had some sort of markings, like, tattoos, all over its face. I can't remember anymore if it had ears or hair. I just remember the pure black face, the eyes and the lips. And it seemed so short as well. I was just a kid, but it appeared to be somewhat way smaller than me.

(Photo doesn't really look much like it. But I thought it would be cool to put this here.)

I quickly turned and again hurriedly look back to see if it was still there. But it was gone.
Not exactly certain if I really saw something. Maybe it was just my imagination. But I can clearly remember what I saw. Or at least, what I think I saw. I've theorized that maybe that's a 'dwende' or based on what my mom has told me about demons, I'd probably classify it as a type of demon too. I don't know. But just typing the story like this makes the hair on my arms stand up.

2 comments: