Friday, May 31, 2013

Earliest Memories #12: Pia and the Police Car

(We rode the toy car around. I remember having fun.)

I remember that day. Though I can only recall small, blurry fragments of the events that took place in this very distant memory. I know I was very young and very innocent. I was probably just around a year old, maybe two. I know it was a bright sunny day, a little bit humid. But nothing I wasn't used to. I grew up in a tropical country, after all. How I have a significantly lighter skin compared to most people in the country, is all because of my mother. But I did have times when I would be darker. But it's mainly due to prolonged exposure to sunlight. I can talk about all those times when I'd be under the sun for long periods of time. But this entry isn't exactly about those adventures. This is about Pia and the toy Police car.

It was a bright and sunny day. Slightly humid. I was very young. I believe I was only a year old, maybe slightly older than that. But definitely not three years old. The memory is quite blurry now. I kinda slightly remember the house by the side of a slant road. Bright outside. I slightly remember the spacious living room, but can't seem to recall what things were inside. I don't quite remember anymore why I was there and who I was with. But I remember the feeling. I remember the person with me went there to speak with someone. But he or she, probably she, it feels that way, brought me with her. I have no recollection of who the person was nor who she came to see. All I can really remember is the house by the slant road. And this little girl, about my age, probably older, named Pia. I don't even really know if her name's really Pia. I just remember this kid, and she had an awesome police car toy. And it was big enough for us to ride it around while sitting on top of it. I don't even remember anymore how the kid looked like. And the memory is now reduced to mere blurry pieces. I remember riding the toy. And she would ride it too. Taking turns. Then the memory just end there.

In the end, I think they ended up giving me to the car. Because somehow, I have later memories of my childhood and I have that car. I had it for so long it just broke down and at some point, I was fishing inside the toy for electronic parts to play around with using batteries and wires... Yeah, I was a curious kid.
It had red and blue lights on top, rectangular in shape. It had four wheels just like actual cars, but it had something in the middle of it, a circular rotating piece that allowed for the vehicle to turn. I never really saw it in action since the adults never really bothered to buy me batteries. Maybe it was already broken when I got it. But it doesn't matter...

This little girl brings me a lot of curiosity. We are probably related. And I wanna know more about my relatives on my father's side. My trip to California to see my aunt will surely serve me well. I gotta save up and get myself out of this financial instability so I can make some things happen. And that includes visiting my aunt, so I can thank her for everything she's done back when I was younger. And to ask her about my father and if there was a Pia from my childhood. I could probably just ask my mother. But I know better not to ask anyone about someone they have lost. Perhaps my mother won't even mind. After all, at times it would seem she'd have a heart hard as rock. But I wanna play it safe and just never ask her anything about my father.
Up to this day, I still remember that toy Police car. I suppose it really amazed me back when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment