Friday, September 7, 2012

SitRep [September 07, 2012]

Last month's activity was quite low. If I remember correctly, I have only posted around 7 or 8 entries for the month of August. I suppose a few stuff in life has kept me a bit occupied and I just couldn't get around to sitting down to write. But I think September would be an okay month for me in terms of finding time to make posts. I have so many subjects and matters I'd like to cover, but I am going to need some time to be able to put down all of these words on record.

Quite a handful of things have taken place recently and I am more than happy to share them here.

The Boondocks
I have finished quite a handful of TV shows on NETFLIX. The service does provide me with a satisfactory amount of shows and movies to watch. Though, I am a bit disappointed that some movies I wished to see again aren't available. I did hear that the US Netflix service has way more content compared to what us Canadians get. That's quite a shame. I've heard of ways to obtain access to a US Netflix server, but it's a process I cannot trust and I'd rather not risk it.

One day, I finally decided to click on The Boondocks after almost always ignoring it whenever I passed it on my browser. I finished watching Heroes, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Walking Dead and a bunch of other shows. And so I have been in the lookout for a new TV series I could get into. And I thought maybe The Boondocks would grab my interest since I did find some of the strips in the newspaper funny. A cartoon series would be cool to watch. And after watching the first few episodes, I was hooked. The show is freakin' hilarious. The "N" word is kinda thrown out almost every minute, which I find a bit too much. But I understand that it's only a cartoon and maybe they're trying to sort of accentuate or emphasize stereotypes for the sake of comedy. I don't think I'm in a position to comment or provide opinion on such a matter. But all I know is given multiple contexts, the word can be used inappropriately. And I'd rather not say it myself.

(Riley is one hell of a character. The grand dad is my second fave. Cool show.)

Some of the voice actors in this show are very notable as well. If my ears aren't playing with me, I'd say I heard Snoop Dog, Samuel L. Jackson and Katt Williams already. I'm still hoping to hear Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle and Terry Crews. Probably one of the many reasons aside from it's greatness why I am so compelled to continue watching more of this show. I just want to hear those familiar voices.

Overall, I'm enjoying this show so much for its comedic content and I can honestly say that I'd recommend this to anyone I know. Except kids though. It does contain crude language and humor. But for adults, this is a cartoon series you could probably get into and appreciate.

Converse
I finally got around to purchasing a new pair of Converse. Like I mentioned in an earlier SitRep entry, I planned on buying gray ones to pair with some of my pants. I already have a white and a black pair. It might be something I could get into collecting. Once I obtain all the plain colors, I would like to go for some camouflaged ones as well. That'd be pretty neat, in my opinion. I just love the simplicity of its design. It's not the best all around shoes out there, but they serve me well and I don't even know if I'd ever wear anything else.

(Gray pair of Converse. Thinking of building a collection.)

Another pair I bought at the same time was a black one. My mother informed me that one of my cousins was asking for some shoes and she asked me if I could buy one. I owe them for letting me stay at their house back in the day, and so I couldn't say no. The shoes are nothing compared to everything they have done for me and to refuse this opportunity to show that appreciation would be quite a dishonorable feat. At the same time, that cousin of mine was the one who tagged along with me all the time and we were years ahead of our other cousins. So we have been through quite a bit. It's too bad I had to go. But things happen for a reason, like they say.

I wanna conclude this entry now. Quite short. Well, most of my entries are, actually. I suppose the photos just make them look longer. Though, sometimes I do tend to build walls of texts. I guess this isn't one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment