Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Random Roses

I stood there thinking to myself how much of a coincidence it was that he asked me about something involving roses. It was funny and at the same time, quite uncanny to me. It was not a very difficult question to answer. I did not have to think twice in order to formulate an immediate and precise response. And so I replied with the very first honest answer that came to mind. And in the end, I added that I found it a bit funny and quite the coincidence that he asked me that. Because earlier that morning, I stood in the shower thinking about a very imminent subject in my near future. And in response to taking advantage of my shortcoming of not having someone when Valentines day comes next year, I have devised a rather "nice" plan to turn my lack of companionship into something good. For me, in a moral sense. And for some random girl that I won't ever know nor meet. And by the end of it, I'll feel happy enough to know that I have done something kind and sweet, and hopefully made someone smile.

(It's something I've always thought of doing. Now I get the chance to finally do so.)

The idea is, to drop by at the flower shop I used to go to, a month in advance (price would be lower), and place an order for a dozen of red roses to be delivered at a random girl that passes by their shop or whomever he'd like to give it to. It could be for his wife, and I wouldn't be upset. No name on the card.
I wouldn't even know if the florist would actually get it delivered. Nor would I ever know if they even prepared the roses and went along with what I wished to do. That wouldn't be my problem. It'll be in their conscience if they decided to take my money and ignore the gesture I wished to execute.
I don't know what I actually want. There really is nothing to gain for me here except feel a little bit good about myself for doing something small for someone I would never meet. I don't know if it's something that'll be appreciated or even get executed properly as intended. But I do know I have a little bit more money and time for not having someone. Getting a dozen of red roses just this once is significantly cheaper than buying half a dozen every week just to keep a flower vase always filled up for someone you care about.

And at the same time, I'd like to remind myself that there are good things about me that I should never forget no matter what. And that I should always remember, and never ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment